November 14, 2011

Mini Smore Bars! Must Try These!


I Recently found this picture on Pintrest and was super excited.  Mini Smore bars.  Delicious sounding and delicious looking.  Well I don't like using straight recipes, I love to make my own thrifty take on what I like.  So I attempt these and tried to see what was the cheapest, yet most delicious way to make them was.  Here's what I came up with (prices are what I paid for at my local Publix with coupons of course!):

Box of Graham Crackers  BOGO $4.19used $1/2 coupon

Jar of Jet-Puff Marshmallow Creme $1.45

Chocolate Bark $3.89 (1lbs)

Here's what I did.  I used one box of the crackers, the whole jar of Jet-Puff, and about 4 blocks of the chocolate bark.
You break off the crackers into the 4 peices it shows.  Smear Jet-Puff in between 2 crackers and then dip into the chocolate mixture halfway.  Place on a cookie sheet and when all are done stick them in the fridge for a few minutes to let the bark dry.  I kept mine in the fridge and they were perfect.  I can tell you they didn't last longer than 2 days.  They were amazing!

But I figured out the math per bar.  I got about $.16 per bar.
You figured I paid $3.19 for 2 boxes of crackers, so $1.60 for 1 box.  Then I paid $1.45 for the marshmallow creme (I used the jar).  I also paid $3.89 for 16 oz of chocolate bark, so that makes it into .97 for the 4 peices I used.  That totals to $4.02, divided by 25.22 ounces of all the product I used.  So $.16 a bar isn't all too bad with the yummy goodness we got from this recipe.

Here's the whole recipie for you guys:


1 box of Graham Crackers
1 7oz jar of Jet-Puff Marshmallow Creme
4 cubes of Chocolate Bark

You break  the crackers into 1/4s along the lines on the cracker.  Smear as much as you would like of the Jet-Puff in between 2 crackers. Then dip into the chocolate mixture halfway.  Place on a cookie sheet.  When all are done stick them in the fridge for a few minutes to let the bark dry.  Then enjoy!
Storage:  I would recommend keeping these in the fridge for safe-keeping.


I don't know how long they keep, but I can guarantee your container will look like this in a couple of days!


What is your favorite dessert snack in your household?

No comments: